Does Your Golden Need a New Home?
AGN understands that difficult circumstances sometimes dictate the need to find a new home for your Golden Retriever. If you are no longer able to care for your Golden and wish to ensure that it finds a new home where it will be loved and cared for, you may wish to consider surrendering it to AGN.
We realize that relinquishing your Golden may be extremely difficult. We respect your decision to give your dog a second chance for a good life through our program. Thank you for not taking your Golden to a shelter.
Important Note: AGN accepts dogs with a bite history in most cases; however, it is important that you provide all details in the Owner Surrender Application. This is so we can evaluate the needs of the dog and determine the appropriate foster home environment. Severe and unprovoked aggression could be associated with a medical condition, so full disclosure with all details is critical.
To surrender your Golden Retriever, please do the following:
1. Complete the Owner Surrender Application and press SUBMIT.
2. Email a photo of your Golden and any vet records to email@example.com
3. Contact us with any questions about surrendering.
Once we receive your application, an AGN Intake Coordinator will reach out to you with further details and to answer any questions you have. AGN is run by all volunteers so please give us up to 48 hours to respond.
WHAT TO BRING WITH YOUR GOLDEN:
- Hard copy of veterinary records (if not already emailed to AGN)
- AKC registration or any pedigree papers (if applicable)
- Microchip paperwork (if applicable)
- Favorite toy, etc.
- Heartworm preventive and other medications (with dosage instructions and date/time of last pill)
- Make sure your dog has on a collar and leash for intake
Again, thank you for not taking your Golden to a shelter and allowing AGN to find a wonderful new home for your dog.